compensation: $20.50 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Southern Cross, is looking for dynamic and energetic, full-time weekend Disposal Bans Inspectors.
Visit the solid waste transfer stations all over the lower mainland (a different one each day) to watch the garbage loads being brought in. You will be trained to interpret and use the regional solid waste bylaws to help people determine what can be diverted out of the waste stream. Providing information to them on the resources available for recycling of their materials throughout the region. Our site coverage area ranges from the North Shore to Aldergrove.
- some post secondary education
- reliable vehicle
- personal cell phone
- to be on your feet comfortably, 8 hour shifts
- availability to work weekends
- enjoy the outdoors and prepared to work in all kinds of weather
- knowledge of driving in the lower mainland
- 3 years min. experience working directly with the public
- work independently with high degree of integrity
- good English speaking and writing skills
Send resume and cover letter.
Experience working outdoors in a safety oriented environment and working around heavy equipment is a definite asset.
- $20.50 per hour starting wage
- extended medical benefits
- dental benefits
- weekend work shift differential of $1.25 (start at $21.75 hourly rate for all weekend hours worked)
- flexible daily hours
- mileage paid for all work related travel (if required) during the work day, minimum 1x per week.
- safety boot allowance
- rain gear allowance
- all required safety gear
- ongoing training
- guaranteed raises
General inquiries welcomed via email. No phone calls please.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers