compensation: $20/hr - Part Time employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The bus driver is responsible for transporting high school student counsellors from North Vancouver to and from Cheakamus Centre at the beginning and end of each program week. This is an ideal job for a semi-retired or retired person living in the Sea to Sky area or for an experienced driver who is looking for additional part time work. The bus driver must be someone who is committed to safety, customer service and working in a school community. This is a shift position during the 2019/20 school year, requiring flexibility around program booking times and dates.
The Bus Driver is employed by Listel Canada and reports to the Program Manager of Cheakamus Centre.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Checking in and confirming status of all registered students, maintaining a safe environment on the bus by enforcing rules of conduct, and responding to emergencies
• Constantly attentive to city and highway traffic and changing weather conditions and maintaining a high level of safety for high school-aged passengers
• Ensure that the vehicle is operating properly each day by conducting pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections
• Maintaining the vehicle in a safe and clean condition.
• Picking up and returning the bus to North Vancouver or the Cheakamus Centre in Squamish, at the end of each run
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Highly reliable and experienced driver who enjoys working with children and youth.
• A clean Class 4 Unrestricted Driver’s License, Driver’s Abstract and current RCMP background check are required
• Mechanical knowledge of vehicles is an asset and familiarity with school bus vehicle checks
• CPR and Occupational First Aid Level 1 or equivalent
• Work effectively independently and in a collaborative team environment
• Demonstrated success in problem solving and conflict resolution
• Demonstrated competence in verbal and written communications with parents, students, teachers and other stake holders
• Excellent time management skills
Part-time. Typical shifts are Monday or Tuesday, 5am – 9am and Thursday or Friday, 2pm – 6pm, with an average of 8 hours per week (October – May). Work schedules will be provided well in-advance.
Hourly wage: $20 per hour
Cheakamus Centre is a unique environmental learning Centre designed to provide exceptional learning and hospitality experiences inspired by nature. Situated on 420-acres of ecological reserve in the Cheakamus River Valley near Squamish, BC, Cheakamus Centre is seeking experienced, highly motivated, environmental education enthusiasts to support our Outdoor School and visitor environmental education programs and activities.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Cheakamus Centre. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers