compensation: Wages for full time instructors starting from $14.50 to $34.35 depending on qualifications & experience, plus a very competitive commission for Private Request lessons. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Title: Ski Instructor
Location: North Vancouver
Department: Snow School
Reports to: Manager, Snow School
Role Status: Full and part time seasonal positions are available.
Grouse Mountain offers a challenging and enjoyable work environment with a world of career opportunity. Our team is dedicated to Grouse Mountain's renowned excellence and its continued growth as Vancouver's premier mountain resort. In exchange for employee excellence, we offer a professional atmosphere, fantastic growth opportunities, unlimited outdoor recreation (including skiing and snowboarding) an inspiring setting and many unique employee privileges.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
• Teaching skiing in a fun and safe manner to students of all ages
• Assisting students to achieve their goal of improvement
• Providing feedback to students or to students’ parents in regards to progress made in the lesson and what to work on next
• Being fully informed of all Snow School programs and other Grouse Mountain products and services
• Researching new teaching methods
• Going out of your way to assist all guests, being courteous, friendly and informative, ensuring the ultimate customer service experience on the mountain
• Answering guest inquiries and resolving problems quickly and effectively
• Attending pre-season orientations and instructor training sessions as scheduled
• Performing daily student check-in, shoveling and clean up duties as may be periodically assigned and requested.
• Other duties as required
• Minimum Level 1 Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance (C.S.I.A) or approved international equivalent required
• Candidates possessing dual certification will be given preference
• Previous snow school instructing experience preferred by not necessary
• Customer service experience preferred
• Excellent communication and organizational skills required
• Friendly, confidant, outgoing customer service attitude required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Excellent time management and organization skills required
• Strong team player
• Successful candidate must complete a criminal record check once offered the position.
• The check must be completed prior to start date if you are 19 years and older. Grouse Mountain will assist you with the process.