compensation: $15.00/hr - $19.00/hr (dependent on experience) employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
ASSISTANT MEAT DEPARTMENT MANAGER (noun/ master butcher; Steak Boss)
Fresh meats & seafood is our pride and passion, and it's our butchers who deliver all that passion to the customer through exceptional service, and a selection of meats, seafood and delicacies they won't find anywhere else. We are seeking a full time qualified meat cutter to join our management team at our North Vancouver location.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
As assistant meat department manager, you'll be leading the highest sales volume and grossing department of our store and ensuring our customers are receiving the best possible experience every time they visit the meat counter. You'll keep our displays filled with an abundant, high quality selection of meats and seafood that oozes with 'WOW' factor.
Along with meat processing, you'll be responsible for training & coaching, purchasing, planning & organizing in-store promotions and changing displays, receiving, warehousing, merchandising and managing your team of staff that assist our customers' every need. Working closely with the manager, you'll set monthly goals for sales volumes and profitability, and lock in to crush those targets like a red-meat-rockstar.
GRADE 'A' REQUIREMENTS:
- Meat cutting experience.
- You're good with people, and know how to lead and inspire them to be their best selves at work.
- You're a genuinely happy and outgoing people person, and you get a buzz of making someone's day.
- You're efficient, organized, and you like to GSD (Get Stuff Done).
- You roll up your sleeves and roll with the punches when the pressure's on.
- You're self-motivated and care about making an impact.
- You want to learn and welcome new stretching challenges and opportunities.
We've got an upbeat company culture and team of friends (a family, a squad) who know the best way to get work done is to have fun doing it. Compensation for this position includes:
- $15.00/hr - $19.00/hr (dependent on experience)
- Personal performance reviews with wage increases, twice annually
- Extended benefits
- Store discount
*Future advancement opportunity available for Lead Department Manager
$19.00/hr - $30.00/hr + Bonus
We're a locally owned & operated family business with 6 locations in the lower mainland. Fresh describes everything we do, from free range and grass-fed meats raised without added growth hormones, to Ocean Wise sustainable seafood, locally harvested produce and artisan breads baked daily. Every day, our goal is to delight people's senses with an abundant selection of the freshest food available.