Full -Time Substance Abuse Counsellor
QR Code Link to This Post
St. Leonard’s Society of North Vancouver is a 14 bed community residential facility (halfway house) that provides community reintegration services and residential drug and alcohol treatment to men returning to the community following a period of Federal or Provincial incarceration.
This multifaceted position requires candidates to perform the following:
1. Shift supervisor: manage the day to day operation of the community residential facility (CRF) in accordance to the directives of the Correctional Service of Canada.
2. Substance Abuse counsellor: manage a small caseload of residents (4-7) and provide process and educational groups and individual counselling.
• A minimum of 3 years drug and alcohol free and a commitment to modelling a clean and sober lifestyle.
• Certificate/Degree in Addiction/substance abuse counselling.
• Must have an extensive knowledge of 12 step based recovery, specifically Narcotics Anonymous.
• The counsellor will be expected to work with other staff and other professionals as a member of a therapeutic team committed to carrying out the goals of the Community Alcohol and Drug program.
• Proficiency in computer and Microsoft operating system and software applications.
• Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication.
• Must have the ability to deliver written reports thoroughly and on time.
• Must possess a valid Occupational First Aid level 1 certificate.
• Proficiency in Offender Management System (OMS) would be an asset, but the employer will provide training offered by the Correctional Service of Canada to a suitable candidate.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and prioritize your workload independently.
• Must be eligible for a Government of Canada Reliability Level Screening Certificate.
• Must have the ability to follow government directives including CRF policies and procedures.
• Must possess a class 5 BC drivers licence
• Employer offers competitive salary, full health benefits and RRSP pension plan.
Application Process: please apply by submitting a cover letter, well documented resume including references to CRF Manager Stu Diggon