compensation: $19 to $23/hour depending on experience, 40 hours per week. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
West Coast Elevator Services Ltd is a family owned and operated company which takes pride in our ability to provide exceptional customer on maintaining and servicing a wide range of elevators.
We are seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant/ Accounting Assistant to help support our business as we grow. We are looking for an energetic, positive individual that has exceptional communication and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and efficient, with previous Accounting / Bookkeeping experience.
• Prepare and process daily deposits
• Enter invoices and follow up on work orders within various customers' internal systems.
• Prepare and submit customer invoices
• Code, post and receipt payments
• Prepare and coordinate deposit activities
• Perform all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations
• Monitor customer accounts for non payment and delayed payment
• Credit Card Reconciliation
• Bank Reconciliation
• Tax Remittance Filings
• Check, verify and process invoices
• Prepare payments for signature
• Sort, code and enter accounts payable data
• Analyze discrepancies and unpaid invoices
• Maintain vendor files
• Assist with customer service duties, including answering incoming phone calls and dispatching service
• Assist with general office duties as required
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in an administrative/accounting assistant role
• Intermediate knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Intermediate knowledge and experience with computerized accounting
(experience with Sage Accounting Software is preferred)
• Experience with accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and tax remittance filings
• Strong verbal, written and communication skills; excellent phone manners and professional demeanor
• Demonstrates strong work ethic, reliability, dedication and trustworthiness
• Positive can do attitude and ability to work as part of a team
Experience and knowledge of scheduling and/or organizing staff to meet weekly demands is preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate. Any previous experience in a trade’s industry previously will also be considered an asset. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, including your availability and salary expectation.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers