For 40 years, Alpha Technologies has been an industry pioneer and global leader in the design and manufacture of AC and DC power. Our distinctive excellence is the ability to innovate and quickly deliver optimized solutions for our customers' unique powering challenges in the Telecom, Cable Broadband, Traffic, Security, Industrial and Renewable Energy industries.
We are recruiting for an experienced, full-time Technical Writer to join our team at our Burnaby location. Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing, the Technical Writer will be responsible for all aspects of creating and revising technical documentation. Our work environment provides opportunities for significant responsibility and independence in a fast-paced industry.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Create and update customer-focused documentation, installation guides, and other technical manuals
• Identify, initiate, and complete technical publication projects with limited supervision
• Prepare the overall layout of manuals including drawings and pictures
• Interview subject matter experts, study drawings, specifications, mock-ups, to become familiar with installation and technical features
• Develop technical content around hardware, software, safety, and compliance based on input from various departments
• Conduct reviews, obtain approvals, and publish files according to Quality Management System standards
• Post-secondary diploma / degree in technical writing, or a combination of work and relevant education
• 3+ years of technical writing experience
• Enthusiastic team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience developing user documents in the electrical, mechanical, hardware, or software industries
• Experience with software technical writing is a plus
• Thorough knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Illustrator, as well as Microsoft Office
• Experience with topic-based authoring in an XML environment using DITA and FrameMaker
• Strong time management, prioritization, and decision-making skills
• Ability to thrive with limited supervision
• Able to learn quickly, think proactively, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Understanding of engineering drawings is an asset
Please send your resume and cover letter in MSWord or PDF to email@example.com. We sincerely thank all applicants who apply, only those short-listed will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers